Saturday, November 14, 2009

Raw Basil Pesto

So my husband just got his food sensitivities test back. I am going to have to start getting really creative with our dinners. I started tonight and transformed Ani Phyo's Pesto recipe into my own so that my husband can eat it. It turned out so good!!! I thought getting rid of the garlic in a pesto recipe would have killed it but it SAVED it!!! I didn't use as many nuts and I'm glad I didn't because my stomach can't handle it. You can use this in sushi, as a spread for flax crackers, or added to pasta's, grains, or raw grains if you are on a raw food diet!

Raw Basil Pesto
ingredients
2 cups basil leaves
1/2 cup salted pistachios
1 small lime, juiced
1/4 cup olive oil



directions
1. Grind pistachios in food processor, set aside
2. Pulse basil leaves down to small pieces in food processor
3. Add pistachios, lime juice, and olive oil in the food processor and mix everything all together
4. YUMMY!!




variation
add to pastas, flax crackers, or sushi


blog comments powered by Disqus