Sunday, November 22, 2009

Falling In Love...With Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

I love helping people find healthy alternatives for sweets and candies. When I was about 5 or 6 years old, my grandmother owned a candy shop and I decided to be her little helper for the day. For my break, she took me to her friends restaurant upstairs from her shop where I helped her bake chocolate chip cookies for her customers. She let me eat as much of the raw cookie dough as I wanted and I think from then on, I fell in love. In love with the raw cookie dough that was.

So now, over 20 years later, my cookie dough craving still sneaks up on me from time to time. With a bunch of food sensitivities and not being a big fan of those sugar ups and downs, the raw cookie dough I grew up on wasn't an option. So here's to all of us health conscious, food sensitive, cookie dough cravers out there that want a nutritious cookie dough snack without having to sacrifice ANY flavor! Raw cookie dough that is actually nutritious AND delicious??? 


Some of these simple ingredients are oats, cocoa nibs, and cashews. Here's the full recipe!




blog comments powered by Disqus