Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Chocolate Walnut Truffles

Chocolate Walnut Truffles
I came across this recipe yesterday and these looked delicious! I put my own twist on it. Instead of the agave nectar I added dates to keep this recipe as whole as possible. I didn't heat the coconut oil to keep it raw and more nutritious and you can try using different dried fruits in place of the dates. This is a great snack on the go and an easy start to encorporating coconut oil!
ingredients
1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
1 cup raw walnuts
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3 medjool dates
dash of sea salt



directions
1. Process walnuts in food processor until finely ground, set aside
2. Mix coconut oil, cocoa powder, and dates in food processor
2. Add ground walnuts and process everything.
4. Spoon small portions and roll into balls. Roll balls in cocoa powder
5. Store in fridge or freezer




blog comments powered by Disqus