Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Autumn Sweet Potato Soup (Dairy/Soy Free)

My family had three Thanksgivings this year! Thanksgiving day at my Mom's, day after at my Aunt Gail's, day after that Aunt Susan's. On day two, my aunt made a delicious and nutritious Sweet Potato Soup that was so good that I decided to recreate it using my own creative twist and whatever else I had to use up in my fridge. I only had about one celery stalk but had a huge broccoli stalk headed towards its death in the crisper so I chopped that up and used it instead of the additional celery. I left the skin on the potatoes and the apple for the added fiber. This soup is excellent when it's cold outside and there is nothing better then a hot bowl of soup. Really warming, extremely grounding, and full of LOVE!
Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
ingredients
3 lbs sweet potatoes, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 sweet onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 apple, chopped
6-7 cups water
2 tsp sea salt
pepper
ginger to taste (optional)



directions
1. Roast potatoes in oven on 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes (until cooked)
2. Heat olive oil on medium high and add onions, apples, and celery. Let saute for about 15 minutes or until cooked through
3. Add cooked potatoes, water, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add soup to your blender and blend or use an immersion blender to mix up and say YUMM!!






blog comments powered by Disqus