Friday, August 28, 2009

Do you have a poor body image?

After menarche and as soon as I started developing curves, my body image was extremely distorted. I started praying to look and be anyone else other then myself. I have written myself off, compared myself profusely to others, and in the midst of it all, completely lost and buried my own identity represented as this curvy body of mine.

I am a women, a women with curves, a women with spunk. These curves represent the dips and turns in my personality and character. In and out my character weaves into someone special, that's me!

Sit cross legged in a quiet space. Inhale deep, exhale deep. Ask yourself, what is it going to take to accept who you are? For me it has been surrendering to my unknown, welcoming moments of silence, letting go, forgiveness, acceptance, support, love. What is it going to take for you? Give yourself the gift of silence and listen to your heart speak. This will bring you one step closer to loving and enjoying this wonderful gift, this beautiful body of yours.
blog comments powered by Disqus